BIOLIFE accepts commercial advertising for its periodicals, web site, and other forms of communication.
- The Advertiser will be responsible for the ad material/advertising (“Advertisement”) and warrants that:
- it is authorized to sell all products and/or services advertised and to use any information or depiction in the Advertisement;
- it has the right to use any trademarks, service marks or trade names depicted in the Advertisement
- The Advertisement complies with all applicable laws and regulations in the country where it will be
- BIOLIFE, in collaboration with an association or society (collectively an “Association”), and its editors associated with the BIOLIFE Product, explicitly retain the right to reject and/or request modifications to the In the event the Advertisement is rejected, BIOLIFE will use reasonable efforts to provide the Advertiser with notification to allow the Advertiser to modify or supply a substitute Advertisement. Advertiser is not entitled to any compensation for rejected advertisements
- Statements in Advertisements should be ethical and carry no direct or implied disparagement of another There should be no statements that are misleading, exaggerated, or contrary to proven facts.
- The Advertiser will indemnify, defend, and hold harmless BIOLIFE from and against any expenses arising from any claims, losses, or damages arising from the Advertisement including, but not limited to, third party claims alleging trademark or copyright infringement.
- Placement of the Advertisement is at the discretion of BIOLIFE, its editors, and its
- All Advertisements must clearly and prominently identify the Advertiser by trademark or signature.
- Advertisements for recruitment purposes must be non discriminatory and comply with all applicable laws and
- Advertising interests will not influence editorial decisions or editorial
- Advertisements that appear on a publication’s website adjacent to articles must display randomly and cannot display based on the subject matter of the
- Cancellations must be submitted in writing and will not be accepted after closing dates for space reservations for issue being cancelled. No cancellations will be accepted for reservations with premium positions(including, but not limited to, all covers and TOC positions). Advertisements will be submitted in a file format acceptable to
- Advertiser acknowledges that print-format Advertisements may be included in a digital edition of the journal publication without additional Advertiser assumes responsibility for the registration and protection of any copyright it may have in its own Advertisement and licenses to BIOLIFE the right to copy from such Advertisement. BIOLIFE will retain all rights and title to any materials BIOLIFE prepares for Advertiser.
- BIOLIFE will not be liable for any failure to publish an Advertisement accepted, however shall use reasonable efforts to place such Advertisement in subsequent available space.
- If the Advertisement supplied by Advertiser is not compliant with BIOLIFE’s requirements as set forth herein and/or in its current rate card, BIOLIFE will not be liable for any errors in reproduction of the
Advertisement. In the event BIOLIFE is responsible for any reproduction errors in an Advertisement, BIOLIFE’s liability will not exceed a republication of the Advertisement in a subsequent issue of the journal publication.
- Copyright and other intellectual property rights to all BIOLIFE proposals, publications and other products shall remain with BIOLIFE unless agreed otherwise in writing signed by both parties. The Advertiser shall not acquire any intellectual property rights in the products. No part of the BIOLIFE proposals, publications or products may be stored in any automated data file and/or reproduced, whether electronically, mechanically, by photocopying, recording or in any other manner or form, without the specific prior written permission of
- In addition, BIOLIFE shall have the right, at any time, to remove any Advertisement and/or terminate this Agreement if BIOLIFE determines, in its sole discretion, that the Advertisement or any portion thereof:
- violates BIOLIFE ‘s and/or the Association’s policies
- violates any law, rule or regulation or industry code or if BIOLIFE is directed to do so by any law enforcement agency, court or government agency
- is the subject of a claim asserted by an entity with respect to its trademarks, trade names, service marks or other proprietary rights d. is otherwise objectionable to BIOLIFE. 16. BIOLIFE reserves the right to cancel any order in the event there is any indication of the Advertiser’s financial difficulties.